Yummy! This salad is really a good one. My wife and I had this not too long ago and, as usual, we loved it! This is a salad that will go with any fancy meal with no problem. One of the things I like about this recipe is that you don’t use store-bought dressing. Well, you can if you want to, but I wouldn’t.
There are only a few store-bought dressings that I can say I like. I feel that most of them just ruin the salad. No problems with this one. The whole thing is just delicious.
4 LARGE SERVINGS
– 2/3 head romaine lettuce
1. Arrange the lettuce on a deep serving platter.
– 2 medium tomatoes, cut into bite-sized chunks
– 1/2 medium white tomato, cut into thin slices
– 1/2 pound mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes (split the portion into halves)
2. Combine the tomatoes, and the onions, and half the cheese in a bowl and mix well. Layer this mixture over the lettuce.
– 2/3 red bell pepper, thinly sliced into rings, then halved
– 1/4 or so cup fresh parsley, chopped
3. Arrange the bell peppers over the top of the lettuce mixture, then sprinkle with the parsley and the rest of the cheese.
– 12 canned black pitted olives
4. Scatter the olives over the salad.
– 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
– juice of half a lemon
– 1/4 rounded teaspoon dried, oregano leaves
– Salt and pepper to taste
5. Combine these ingredients in a cup and mix well with a fork. When ready to serve, pour this mixture over the salad, or you can serve it at the table for people to add to individual dishes.
It is very important that you do not put your salad dressing on the salad too long before you serve it, or it will wilt.