Egg Chowmein is an Indian Chinese dish which is easy to prepare at home for dinner or heavy snacks. It takes about 25 minutes to prepare this “always-favourite” fast food.
- Noodles/Chowmein (the Chinese hakka ones are the best)
- 1 Egg
- Vegetable Oil
- Green Chilli
- Green Peas
- Turmeric Powder
- Soy Sauce
- Salt + Black Pepper
Preparation Time: 10mins
Cooking Time: 15mins
1. First boil 1 packet of noodles, drain the water and keep aside.
2. Break 1 egg into a non-stick pan with vegetable oil and scramble it till cooked and keep aside
3. Take 1 small onion, 1 carrot, 6-7 beans, 1/2 capsicum and chop all of them into small pieces.
4. In a non-stick pan, add 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil and heat for 2mins, then add chopped onion (Step 3) and fry for 2mins.
5. Then add 2 green chilli split into halves in the pan for 1min.
6. Put the chopped vegetables (Step 3) in the pan and keep stirring. Also put a handful of green peas in the mixture. Add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric and salt (up to taste).
7. When the mixture is fully cooked (soft), then add soy sauce and stir for 2mins.
8. Add 1/2 teaspoon of ajeena-moto and add the boiled noodles (Step 1) and stir for 2 minutes.
9. Finally put the scrambled egg (Step 2) in the noodle mixture and cook till you get that mouth watering smell.
Garnishing : You can add tomato sauce, chilli sauce and sliced onion on top of the prepared dish. You can also add chopped coriander and black pepper powder to spice things up even more.
To view the recipe photos, accompanying side dishes and discussions, visit Egg Hakka Noodles on Best of Kanchan’s blog.